Tuesday 28 June 2016

Forgiveness not bitterness

Tuesday 28/6/2016

Despite my constant, frequent visits to the doctor and my addiction to diazepam, and all the medication I take; I still believe that real healing should come from within.  Healing of emotional wounds takes time and  it can't be rushed.  We still have to bare the scars for a while, but they do eventually diminish in impact.  It takes a long time to forgive, but till we do, we aren't truly free.  How do we forgive? I tell you that it's not easy. It's easy to say sometimes depending on the situation, but not always easy to really mean it in your heart.  It helps to remember how fleeting life is and that we all die in the end, so why cause yourself unnecessary suffering. Unforgiveness eats at our bones, and makes us all twisted inside. This leads to tension and innumerable illnesses, all avoidable if we could truly forgive.
I'm still a bit shaky about my E.N.T. appointment, but this thought came to me today anyway and loosens me up a bit to laugh and see the funny side of things.
I had a good title for this post but it's gone from my head for now.
Off to see my counsellor Ha!

Bye

No comments: