Wednesday 15 June 2016

Busy crazy time

15/6/2016

Hi again.  It's been a busy crazy time since my last entry (I feel like I'm on Star Trek saying that ; 'This is The captains log of the star ship problem swallower 15th Jun 2016'.  Anyway I divert. Saturday was the Nursing home's  BarBQ. I only went along to take pictures for the newsletter but still got roped into folding raffle tickets; a job I have always done in the past but find it too tiring to do right now.  Still, I could sit down to do it and some of the care workers children helped too. I didn't stay for food as I had my own to eat at home. I felt a bit out of things as everyone had lovely blue and white flower necklaces with red ribbon in between and a red cord holding them together.  This put my dismal efforts of making flowers to shame and the manager had made much more professional posters for the occasion, making my posters look very amateurish.

Still Sunday I was in a good mood and managed to eat my porridge and go to the toilet in good enough time to make the 9 o'clock service in church. One of the congregation said she'd found my blog and wasn't sure whether to comment or not as no-one else had.  So I ask you to please comment if you like and we can get more people involved.  If you have dysphagia or know of someone with the problem; it could be a source of comfort and hopefully a little help.

Monday I went to an emergency service with the doctor's down town surgery regarding my puffy feet. I saw a woman who told me to put my feet up and if that doesn't work in a few days to come back. Because I came a different way back home, I was passed the old building where I used to teach exercises before this problem swallowing started and it happened to be the time my class was in session; so I got to see them with my Bronzed young energetic replacement teacher, who made me feel redundant too.  I was encouraged to do a free course by the supervisor as I am still down as a teacher and felt that I was still too weak to do what they were doing in my class.  Maybe in September I'll be able to join my own class. Wouldn't that be crazy?  The class is exercises for over 60's and the less able of which I now seem to be.

I did it again what I said I wouldn't do and weighed myself 2 days in a row; yesterday I was rejoicing at reaching 6 stone 4 pounds and today I was back down to 6 stone and 2 and 3/4 pounds.  So I'm a bit down, confused and am crazily trying to eat and drink faster to get better so that I won't have to have the E,N.T exam; hoping I'll be healed before.  It's funny what blind terror will do to you.  So I even tried a ready meal; mushroom risotto yesterday, and it went down a treat; I cleared the plate ;only problem was I didn't have my veg.Over and out from captain problemswallower

Bye for now

No comments: