Tuesday 31 May 2016

catastrophizing

31/5/2016

This is my second attempt at my new post because the computer suddenly decided I need windows 10 despite my saying no thanks for weeks, so here I go again.

Catastrophis(z)ing isn't an easy word to write or say, but it's definitely easy for me to do all the time for example; I have had poor circulation in the last few weeks causing my left foot to look a little bluer than my right.  What is my first reaction? I'm going to have my left foot amputated.  Is that normal I ask? I'm sure most people would just ignore it and go on with their lives or shake the foot to get the circulation back , but not me. I'm looking it up on medical websites and books I have acquired over the years. If I have a little pain in my stomach it's probably trapped wind but I visualise the ambulance at the front door waiting to take me to the hospital to have my appendix taken out.

As you've probably guessed by now, I'm not good with medical stuff. 

I had a good session with my counsellor this morning and he told me to mix things up a bit change my routine to get back my control over my life instead of the routine controlling me.  It doesn't have to be anything big; something as small as brushing your teeth in a different order can change things up a bit so that you don't become a slave to the routine.

I shall give it a try.  If you give it a try let me know if it made any difference to your thinking?

Bye

No comments: