Thursday 19 May 2016

Good and bad news

19th May 2016

Hi again.  good and bad news I suppose.  Good news in that I got weighed and have put on enough to keep me out of the hospital, again this week, but my liver is looking dodgy, but it has been worse before.  The bad news is that I have been discharged from the Psychiatric unit as they say there is nothing more they can do for me and the nurse that was seeing me on a weekly basis is retiring so I have my last session with her today.  I don't think I have time to get a bunch of flowers (we'll see)  but I do have a thank you card already in the house to give her.  That's a great shame, but I expected it
in a way as she'd run out of things to do with me.  So all I have now is my weekly weigh in and regular blood tests with my doctor and my counsellor, who is trying a technique called EMDR I know the EM stands for eye movement, but I got lost on the DR bit. I believe I did one proper swallow of water last night, just before bed. I was hoping either to start swallowing properly before my appointment for an Ear Nose and Throat test comes up so I won't have to have it because it terrifies me, like a real phobia or I was going to ask my nurse if she would be able to come with me. The first is obviously the best option.

I've had my porridge and Fortecreme today and it's now 10.30 am.  I was expecting our house group to turn up to see on the footsteps of St. Paul on our TV but they haven't turned up yet so maybe I've got the wrong day, but it's given me a chance to do this.  If they're not coming, I could go and get the flowers.

Bye for now

No comments: