Monday 30 May 2016

Weighing

30th May 2016

Nearly every person I speak to and especially professionals say not to weigh yourself every day.  I could never see the sense in that, because I couldn't understand what difference it made what you weigh from one day to the next;  I just wanted to know if it was going up or down.  But now I can see the sense it is especially with  a dodgy pair of scales like mine.  I got really happy when my scales said I'd put on another quarter of a pound every day for three days; and then when I got weighed at the doctors there was no significant change, so I was a bit deflated.  If I only weigh myself weekly then I don't get too emotional about it one way or the other.  It also helps when you're speaking to concerned friends when one day you tell them that you've put on weight and the next time you say you've lost again.  So I'm not doing it every day now. It is tempting especially when I'm waiting for the shower water to warm up, but I'll resist.

Please feel free to leave a comment on how you or someone you know is handling their swallowing problems.

Bye for now

No comments: