Monday 16 May 2016

today is all that counts

16th April 2016
I was thinking this morning that what you did years ago doesn't matter anymore.  Unless you're Elvis or someone famous like that no-one cares or remembers.  It's what you do today that counts. I'm friends with a 107 year old lady.  I've written a short story of her life because I found it interesting.  She's seen two world wars, was born in poverty in London; nearly ended up in the workhouse; had to testify against her father in court when she was 15 and had her second baby during the blitz in  London, but who wants to read her story? All her friends are dead now and she is really alone except for her family and they are getting ill and old now too.  I used to dance performance dance dramas in the church, but because of my disabilities now, I haven't done it for so long that only a few remember.  None of the new members of the congregation even know.  Now I just arrive late and leave early because I need to get back home to eat something or drink what I can.  I'm a bit housebound.  Still I can now do this blog and that's what I am doing today.  tomorrow I may find out how to put a photo onto my page

No comments: