Friday 20 May 2016

Bizarre day

20th May 2016
As you know yesterday I was expecting my house group (that's a small group of 4) to turn up at 10 am. to watch In the footsteps of St. Paul on my TV, but no-one turned up and at 10.45 I phoned to discover that it's supposed to be next week.  So I tidied up (as I would call it) for no reason.  Then in the afternoon there was a dash to go to my place of work; the nursing home to pick up a letter telling me when certain money had been paid into my account.  Well the one who writes the cheques was there and called me aside to explain, so I didn't have much time to dash to the supermarket to get a birthday card for my niece and flowers for my retiring Psychiatric nurse. After dashing back to post my nieces card I waited for the nurse to turn up and she didn't turn up either.  I swore we arranged yesterday for her to come after 4 today.  She said she'd be late, but it's not like her to not turn up at all without phoning or getting the office to phone.  Then I got really upset and anxious trying to sort the cheques out as I have to fill in a tax return and though I don't earn enough to pay tax, I've still got to get it right. I didn't calm down till my husband found our missing bank statement and I'd taken a diazepam.

Needless to say I didn't sleep very well again last night.  I think I was also a little upset because of the knowledge that I'm running out of help. for my swallowing problem.

No comments: