Sunday 22 May 2016

Dreams

22nd May 2016

I'm hovering over the 11 lb. mark now .  Think it may be to do with the Lasagne I ate yesterday.

I keep a book by the side of my bed with a pen to write my dreams down as soon as I wake up, because if I don't do it then I will forget it.  sometimes I forget it straight away.  I used to have very vivid dreams that had obvious meaning like when I was studying for my 'O' levels I used to dream I was being chased by the Nazi's or the Daleks and I was enclosed on all four sides by steep walls, with no way out.  Obvious anxiety about the exams.  Now I mostly dream of food and drinking and being back in a place of learning.  I guess we're all in the school of life and every day is a learning day.
I also daydream about being strong and healthy.  Saw the Disney film 'The Pacifier' yesterday.  Van Deisel played a baby sitter to a family of kids who had lost their father, and the mother was abroad trying to find out what happened to him (I could have got that wrong as I missed the beginning).  I wished I was as strong and confident as Van Deisel in the film.  It was a real surprise for me as I usually think of Van Deisel in war films or guts and glory type things. It shows you that people can change (O.K. I know it's fiction but it's a dream).  I bet he doesn't have any problems swallowing.

Bye for now I have to do some ironing if I have the strength.

No comments: