Wednesday 20 July 2016

Much ado about nothing

Wednesday 20th 7 2016

I wish someone could have told me what my ENT was going to be like and then I wouldn't have fretted so much.  I started off taking 5 mg of diazepam before breakfast and as my appointment wasn't until 3.30 p.m. I kept slipping 10 mg tablets at various intervals so in total I took 45 mg of Diazepam and when I went in I answered a lot of questions and he looked at my throat with a spatula as a doctor would, felt my glands and put the camera up my nose, but it didn't go past the gagging point and he said everything was fine. I was so relieved that I forgot to tell him about my mucus problem and my quiet (sometimes none existent)voice.  He probably would have to have gone further with the camera if I had said that.  I wish my psychiatric nurse had come with me as she would have remembered to ask about the mucus.

Anyway there you have it. I have to say that I hate Brighton Hospital. There's never anywhere to park, only one lift was working (at least we had air conditioning on the hottest day of the year so far).  Fortunately we only had 1/2 an hour to wait to be seen, which I guess is sort these days.

I live to fight another day

Bye

1 comment:

Carl82.smith said...

Glad it wasn't as bad as you expected, will be praying as the journey continues