Friday 8 July 2016

Down but not out

Friday 8th July 2016

It's been a busy crazy time,  the last few days. I've gone up to 6 stone 8 pounds; the doctor doesn't want to see me again till August; I had a fleeting thought last night that maybe I could eat anything now, I'm beginning to be more ambitious.  Maybe the thought of the ENT examination has scared me into eating properly.  I have one more week before the appointment, you never know. I have been researching the side effects of pregablin that I was prescribed and one of them was puffy feet.  I also attribute my tremor in mostly my fingers and one of the side effects could also be dysphagia.  So what to do eh? I've just seen the doc and don't like to bother him all the time;  I've also just had a new bottle of Pregablin made up for me, but I really feel that I would be better off without it. It really helps to have a rational husband who pointed out that he doesn't think that my improved eating is due to taking the Pregablin; though it does also say that it increases appetite and puts on weight.  It's a trade off isn't it sometimes with medicines; maybe you have to get something else to get better with your main problem. I was never crazy about Pregablin in the first place after it caused me to feint the first morning after I took it because the consultant gave me too big a dose.

On a different note;  I am Welsh and although I am not a football fan I am sharing in the Welsh pride at coming so far in the F.A. Cup.  It was always Rugby when I was growing up.

I am also enjoying Wimbledon this year and fancy Andy Murrays chances of winning. He's playing this afternoon.

I would just like to say after my last blog that my doctor is fantastic and he has really done all he can to help me through this difficult stage of my time, whether it be because of the M.S. or psychological, or physical (or all three).

Bye from down but not out

No comments: