Thursday 25 January 2018

The greatest flood and incest again

25/1/2018
I've been reading Walter Wangerin's Book The Book of God The Bible as a novel and a light bulb went off in my head, when I read 0n page 505. 'The priests who serve in Jerusalem..... offer polluted food' 'How have we polluted it?' ask the priests. 'By your hearts! You offer blind animals.  You sacrifice the sick and the lame to me.' I suddenly remembered Cain and Abel's offerings. Abel lovingly  chose the finest fattiest cuts of meat, but I guess Cain just  must have begrudgingly gave of his crops what was required. Just a guess It's the thought that counts as they say.
Anyway back to the population explosion.  I guess people got a bit too carried away with sex.  Even the angles took part and Giants grew out of their participation of sex with women. God became sorry that He made people because He saw the extent of their wickedness.  It broke his heart. Just like when we start a drawing and see all the proportions going wrong; we tend to rub it out and start all over again. That's what God decided to do' I will blot out from the face of the earth all mankind that I created;  yes and the animals too and the reptiles and birds.  for I am sorry I made them.'  Only Noah was a pleasure to the Lord.  God considered him to be the only true righteous man living on the earth.  He said to Noah 'I have decided to destroy mankind from the earth.  Make a boat 150 metres long, 25 metres wide and 15 metres high with skylights all the way around half a metre below the roof.  Make three decks and a door in the side.  Bring a pair of each kind of every animal- a male and a female - into the boat with you and your family. Bring a pair of each kind of bird and reptile too  and also all the food that you will all need for I am going to cover the earth with a flood and destroy everything  except what's in the boat.  We come back to incest again, but what do I know about how animal's reproduce?Get ready for the biggest storm the world has ever known. This flood is written about in many folklores and cultures. Stay tuned to what happened to them all.
Bye for now

No comments: