Tuesday 30 January 2018

Believe it or not

30/1/2018
Nearer to my Dental appointment. I never thought I'd see the day when I would say I'm looking forward to seeing the dentist.  But I have been waiting a month and still have to wait till the end of February to possibly have root canal work  on my teeth.  Meanwhile I have to take painkillers which don't do much. Back to the book of God.  It occurred to me for the first time yesterday; who wrote it? There was no-one around who could even speak let alone write, so I did what most people go to these days and look it up on Google and Wikipedia.  The prevailing consensus is Moses.  I've come to the conclusion that you either have to believe it or not. I guess it gives meaning to life a little bit if you believe and nothing makes any sense if you don't.  The first time I heard Jesus died for me.  I accepted it without question.  My only concern was; why me ; I didn't deserve it and I still feel that way today. I guess that's why I read the Bible every day to try and understand but also to get it rooted into my life so I can go back to my first love; when everything seemed so real and I really felt God's presence inside. Now it's more an intellectual exercise.  It could be about getting older, but I don't think I'm any wiser that's for sure.
We'll come back to Noah in my next post.  I just wanted to put this out there today.

Bye for now

No comments: