Sunday 7 May 2017

The Good, The Bad(depending on which way you look at it) and the ugly

7/5/2017

Hi folks, just not been free much to do blogs lately.  I've started my lip reading course; done my second week now and finding it fun. So far we've looked at th  as in that and l as in a word like whole or London. I feel a bit of a fraud because the others in the class are really going deaf and I'm there because of Tinnitus.  I have hearing aids but choose not to wear them as I find them too much hassle.

Let's come to the Good;  well I mentioned this in my last post i.e. It was a lovely day last Thursday;  Beautiful sunshine coming out in time for my friend's son's wedding. Couldn't think of a nicer way to spend the Thursday afternoon.
I think that said it all; the bad was last Thursday two weeks later I went to a thanksgiving service of the organist from our church. He has suffered a long time.  He was a brilliant musician and made me feel at home in the church when I first came because he encouraged me to play the guitar in the music group and then I later went on to lead the worship in song for a little while. Knowing that I did presentation dances he also suggested I do a dance to Graham Kendrick's 'Thorns in the Straw' from our choir's rendition of 'Rumours of Angels'  well I think that's what the whole set was called.

He also used his Music Software to write out the score for one of my songs. When he was fading I said 'you have to get better, to write a musical with me' and he said 'I'll hold you to that'.  I guess that will never happen now.  I have all the songs, I needed Alan's genius to fill in the rest of the score. But at least his suffering is over now which is why I said depends on how you look at it.in my title. His family are all involved in the Church and we all believe he is with Jesus now.

The ugly has 2 stories one funny and one not so I'll lead with the funny.  It was my husband's birthday a few days ago and while he was out doing our weekly food shop.  I popped round the corner to get a Lemon drizzle cake, a bunch of flowers and just for a laugh a Kinder surprise egg, as he was in a glum mood about getting older;  he always gets like this around his birthday.  Well I put the egg on the settee next to me wanting to surprise him after dinner and it had rolled under me so I was in actual fact sitting on it, so when I came to give it to him it was slightly bashed and partly melted.
The not so funny is my bowels;  well you could count it as funny if you go by all the farting and burping, but I'm worried that I have a blockage somewhere and there's something more serious going on as I often have regurgitation.  Oh well I'm seeing the doc on Friday.

Bye for now

No comments: