Wednesday 28 June 2017

On the wrong track

28/6/2017

Now you know it's not American because there aren't 28 months in a year. That's how we brits roll.  I've been to America for a holiday quite a few times now; I've lost count and the one thing that really bugged me is that I was always referred to as English,; not British.  It got my goat a couple of times because I'm Welsh.  I don't mind admitting to being British or from the U.K., but I'm definitely not English its like saying every American is a Texan or Californian. I think the things that make me British are things other countries wouldn't get like when someone says 'What do you think of it so far?', we shout 'rubbish' Because we were brought up with 'Morecombe and Wise'.  I did that in Disneyland and obviously I was outnumbered as far as Brits go because everyone was saying to me oh no they're good. The Brits gave you the Carry on films and 'Allo, 'Allo. and 'Dads army'. Humour that only we get.  the Welsh have an even different kind of humour altogether.  It's difficult to describe in words you kind of have to be there.  Some people take offence at some things we say because they've taken it the wrong way.  Try and find some Max Boyce to get the idea.

Talking about a totally different subject I had a dream the other night that I was driving my car on a railway track and I turned where it said to turn and I came to a dead end. When it comes to interpretation of dreams, I can only see that as telling me I'm on the wrong track; but I still haven't a clue what the right track is.

9st 121bs and not liking it a bit

bye for now

No comments: