Tuesday 30 August 2016

Changing habits

30th August 2016

You may be wondering why I have not commentated on my swallowing progress for a while, since I said I would try and swallow more quickly and not hold the drink or food in my mouth for a long time before swallowing.  The reason for this is that unless the change is very miniscule, I have hardly noticed any.  I just saw my counsellor this morning and he told me to think BIG. I am a dramatic dancer and I was asked to visualise how I would dance the way I feel now.  which was all closed up and shrivelled and holding various parts of my body that ache or don't work so well.  Then I was asked to visualise myself doing it without the constraints. this change in thinking brings Hope. Last time I saw him I had an affirmation to say to myself that I'm Kind Caring and Honest now, I am to change the Kind to hopeful.  so I have 2 H's now HCH; Hopeful, Caring and Honest.

It's quite a nice day again today, so I've just been out the back garden doing my 18 Shi ba shi (I think that's how you spell them) Tai chi exercises; but it was very hot on my forehead so I'm a bit giddy now. My counsellor told me to see all the different colour greens there are. It's a bit hard with the sun in your eyes, but there are millions. Therefore there are millions of possibilities for change, if we open ourselves to the possibilities.

I've been challenged by my counsellor to change things again to get out of my rut.  Remember, I changed my brush cleaning routine and it did have a slight freeing experience on me.  So I am to think outside the box;. Challenge negative thinking and replace it with positive. Sounds familiar, so I'm still not doing it correctly.  Just need a lot more practice. 

Fold your arms.  Now fold them the other way. It's not immediately easy is it? That's what changing our habits are like.  Needs thought and practice

My feet are still puffy in this hot weather, by the way.

Bye for now

No comments: