Tuesday 16 August 2016

Wherewithall

16/8/2016

I have been using that word Wherewithal a lot lately; the dictionary says it's about not having enough money;  like 'I'm sorry I Don't have the wherewithal today' meaning I don't have enough money, but I think it best describes my abilities.  I had lunch at my mother in laws on Sunday;  She makes a great vegetable lasagne, but I was getting a bit embarrassed about how long it was taking me to eat it while everyone sat around trying to think up new topics of discussion, eventually I gave up and said' I don't have the wherewithal to eat any more';  It does cover a multitude of situations.

I am gradually still gaining weight so I'm up to 7 stone 3 and a 1/2 pounds, but I feel fat and bloated round the stomach. I hope to be able to build up my strength a bit with exercise, but it's difficult when most of your time in the day is taken up eating. I've been watching the Olympics and thinking why can't I run like that or do anything they are doing.  I did that BBC on line match of your height and weight to the nearest Olympic competitor. I was matched with a rhythmic gymnast which would be right up my street as I use balls, hoops and ribbons to teach exercise when I am working. Of course we don't do anything like the gymnasts at Olympic standard.  I haven't done my class for nearly a year now. I just wonder how long this is going to take for me to be able to eat normally again. We were hoping to go to America nest year to see the Eclipse, but I don't know how much hassle it would be and if I'd be still eating Fortecremes and drinking Fortesips, not to mention disability parking and getting through an airport;  I'm not up to walking it at the moment, and I remember there being a lot of walking every time I've been to an airport.

Bye for now

No comments: