Wednesday 28 September 2016

Light at the end of the tunnel, but not from an oncoming train

28/9/2016

I'm getting bored with the same food every day, so for a change today I had a baked potato and tuna, mayo and veg.  It was a fairly large potato which even my husband said he would struggle with, but I was scraping the last remnants out of it like a dog at a bone. I even commented how lovely it was.  Maybe this is because I had just come from a good session with my counsellor where to help me with the dentist problem, he told me I can do the meditation myself without the help of a recording. I simply have to sit comfortably and visualise the bright light, above my head, forming a healing cone around me.  Starting from the top of my head relaxing down like a body scan, till it reaches the floor and out.  If I have any negative thoughts then put them to one side saying I'll deal with you later or something like that.  I had a few goes and it did relax me, as that's shat he said seems to be the most important thing for me to be able to do right now. He's retiring soon, so my next session in a months time will probably be my last, but thanks to fortuity, I think for once in my life I may have got the timing right and won't need to see him any more. I'm up to 7 stone 12 now, but I'm still a little slow at swallowing and especially drinking, but I see a light at the end of the tunnel now and it's not from a coming train.
I'm so glad that 'Strictly' is back.
We've just about finalised the kitchen plans and we'll be going to sign on the dotted line this week. So that's relieved the boredom a little.
Anyway
Bye for now

No comments: