Wednesday 7 February 2018

Curses

30/1/2018
Noah had three sons; Shem, Ham and Japheth.  all the nation of the earth came from these three sons. So I wonder if I could trace my ancestry back to one of them.  Noah was a farmer and had a vineyard. He fell asleep drunk in his tent one day and Ham happened to come across him.  Immediately he went out and told his brothers who walked in backwards with a blanket to cover Noah's nakedness.  When Noah knew of what had happened he cursed Ham's descendants, (which personally I thought was a bit harsh). 'May they be the lowest of slaves'. But to Shem and Japheth he said 'God bless Shem and may Canaan be his slave. God bless Japheth and let him share the prosperity of Shem' Just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Then  we have a long list of descendants of Shem, Ham and Japheth. One of the sons of Japheth was Gomer. (I can't help thinking of the Addams family) the Magog (I'm sure there is a Welsh or old story about Gog and Magog)
There are a few names that stand out to me in Shem, Ham and Japheth' s families Nimrod was the first of the kings and was known for being a great hunter.  I don't know how his name became a derogatory slang word for an idiot. For the full list read Ch 10. It would be interesting to those of similar names.
I have jumped out of order a bit and be will be jumping gain in my next blog. I just wonder about Adam and Eve now and how does this affect their story.  Is sin eradicated now and do we have a fresh start without sin? Something else to ponder.

Bye for now

No comments: