Thursday 5 October 2017

Bad Timing

5/10/2017

Ever had one of those days when everything seems to be out of sync with you or you with it.  Yesterday I had to go to the post office to post my driving license off to change the photo; when I arrived the attendant was on a 10 minute break, so I had to hang around (no seat). Then I popped to the chemist to pick up my prescription; and I was told if I waited half an hour the one thing I was waiting for would be in. So I popped into the co-op next door to buy a bread roll to go with my soup and the queue was out the door by this time I really needed a sit down and a rest. I came back home for a coffee and then cooked dinner.  My chemist is shut between 1 ab 2pm so I thought I'd watch Neighbours before I go out again.  There is a sandwich shop on the way to the chemist and it shut at 2.30.  I got there 2.27 and they'd packed up. So I picked my prescription up and got 2 rolls which had been sitting in the air for a number of hours and were dry.  So I didn't eat much of them when I finally did make the soup (and I had no chicken stock, had to use gravy granules).  But as bad as my day was, it was nothing in comparison to Theresa May's debarkle whilst trying to talk to the Conservative Party Conference;  what with her constant cough, someone handing her a P45 and letters falling off the wall behind her as she talked.  It was like a comedy show.  No-one could have scripted it better.

Bye for now

No comments: